For an effective meeting room experience
There has been much analysis regarding effective engagement, communication, delivery and participation behind a successful conference. Albeit the configuration of the conference table set up, will ultimately depend on the outcome you or your client aims to achieve, how much engagement you desire and the objective of the meeting.
Image Courtesy: IHS Rollaway - Conference Set Up
There is also the flexibility or lack thereof, that your equipment can provide, which will either limit or enhance the experience you deliver. The more adaptability and versatility your table transformation lends itself too, the more control you have over merging collaboration with functionality.
There is a science behind effective communication, that extends itself to the table science behind effective and connected conferencing. IHS industrial designers have taken the humble conference table and redefined its functionality for easy adaptation and conversion. The technology behind each table lends itself to a holistic system, to assist the venue in delivering tailored solutions to their clients. Our designers have also shared information below, covering 4 instrumental considerations when setting up from table configurations to table transformation and connectivity.
Image Courtesy: MCEC Melbourne - Cluster Table Set Up, converted to Dining
What is it your client is requesting, and how will you suggest the best arrangement to not only suit your space, yet really drive home a successful meet? Let's not forget what meaning lies behind the top 5 table configurations.
1. The Cluster Arrangement: Promotes team building and creativity, maximizing communication between seated guests. This group cluster style creates an intimate interaction. Tip: Consider incorporating shared food and beverage scenarios to convert a single setting into a buffet or banquet option.
2. The Classic Classroom: Should the requirement call for clear delivery of information and full audience focus, along with a little food and beverage inclusion – the classroom is the most common configuration style. Directly facing the forward stage, with one common focal point, guests are forced to consume the message and absorb information with minimal distraction. A great setup for intended Q&A.
Image Courtesy: Thompson Chicago - U-Shape Conference Set Up
3. U-Shape Configuration: Also referred to as the 'conference' set up, configuring an ideal layout where the presenter can en-gage the audience in a forum style. The audience feels more inclined to become actively involved in the discussion, promoting and enticing focused engagement and a more relaxed group interaction.
4. The Chevron or 'Herringbone' set up: Intently arranged in an angular fashion presenting a focal direction towards the lectern or stage. This arrangement holds much of the traits of the classroom set up, with a hint of intimacy. Guests can see one another more clearly, hence referencing unity and team participation.
5. The Boardroom set up: Traditionally used for structured meetings and in-depth conference, committee or discussion ar-rangements. This set up style reflects a typical and structured nature of a business and intended outcome. Those involved usually position themselves in seats based on their organizational role or meeting motive. Tip: Consider multiple configuration options to avoid a disconnected discussion.
2. Table Transformation
Multiple clients will call for different requirements tailoring to their style and purpose of course. However, requiring multiple configuration set ups within hours of the other. Ensuring your venue is fully equipped for flexible styles and ultimate engagement, ensure your equipment has the versatility of adaptation.
Consider modesty panels: Modesty panels are a great option for a conservative tact, as well as concealing power and cable management. Utilized primarily for classroom style setups, and the added structural support, the modesty panel should always be an option. Remember to look for those which fold down for ultimate coverage, and which fold back up when not required.
Skirting Style: For those days where full coverage is requested, the wrap around skirting panels are an easy and fast solution. Skirting panels also extend the use and transform the traditional conference table into a registration desk, check-in counter or display unit.
Being able to connect your table with seamless table-linking, enables flexible conversions from registration table to conference and even a banquet extension. Extend your set up offerings which ensure to deliver a great meeting experience, then experiment like the Ritz-Carlton
3. Connected Power
Definitely a high priority in today's conference requirement. Digital tools are used to engage conference goers, encourage them to interact in real-time for that true sense of connectivity, and collate real-time insights for the presenter to ad-lib into a really engaging presentation.
Ensuring this power is seamlessly incorporated ensures a clean look and feel, and allows convenience for both the set up staff and the guest. Conveniently channel electricity and multimedia options for a truly connected conference.
DO NOT FORGET to accommodate for the international business traveller, show your consideration and set your services apart from the rest with multi-unit power outlets.
For powerful and well-resourced sound, lighting and table setup assistance, we recommend Staging Connections website: http://www.stagingconnections.com
To learn more about conference systems for your venue, head to the IHS website http://ihsglobalalliance.com/em/rollaway